To truly reflect Frisco’s values, Frisco Square must be as generous, supportive and involved as the community is. We make full use of our time, money, creativity and facilities to support local charities, non-profits and others who also aim to do “good” in Frisco.
Frisco Square and its owners, management, staff and partners:
- Hosted Sunrise Rotary and Lochrann’s Paddy Dash, a fund raiser for the Frisco Family Services Center
- Hosted Frisco Heritage Association’s Kelly Miller Circus, also a fund raiser
- Presented the Arts in the Square, an event that has benefited Frisco Arts and arts programs in the Frisco Independent School District and Collin College. Beginning in 2014, Arts in the Square will partner with the Frisco Independent School District, and benefit Frisco Education Foundation and Frisco Family Services.
- Presented free, family-friendly movies on Simpson Plaza
- Hosted the Frisco Farmers Market, now the largest Farmers Market north of Dallas, a fund raiser for the Frisco Lions Club
- Hosted and provided facilities for Back-to-School supplies distributions from the Frisco Family Services Center and Taking it to the Street Ministries
- Presented the Gary Burns Fun Run for 8,000 runners, proceeds from the Fun Run go to the Frisco Education Foundation to build scholarship opportunities for our Frisco ISD students, including the Gary Burns Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Hosted the Frisco Family Services Center Thanksgiving meals distribution and an Angel Tree for Christmas gifts
- Hosted and provided facilities for a supply drive for Operation Once in a Lifetime. Operation Once in a Lifetime’s mission is to make the dreams of U.S. Soldiers and their families come true by providing free financial and moral support to U.S. Service members, their families and veterans.
- Hosted a new summer event, Music in the Square, providing free live music every Friday in June on Simpson Plaza
- Enlisted the participation of the Museum of the American Railroad in the Christmas in the Square event to give them exposure in the community and support their fund raising efforts. (M of AR is soon to be our neighbor to the South!)
- We engage daily with our “fans” on Facebook & Twitter responding to comments, concerns, questions, or praises. Also provided weekly summer give-a-ways & continue with give-a-ways on a regular basis the rest of the year.
- Christmas in the Square, our largest free community event, draws over 650,000 visitors annually.
- We have received recognition from the Miracle League of Frisco, the Visual Arts Guild of Frisco, the Frisco Noon Lions Club and the Frisco Sunrise Rotary Club for our support.
- In 2009, Frisco Square’s Christmas in the Square was chosen as Best Local Event in Neighbors Go Choice Awards
- Also in 2009, Frisco Square was named Development of the Year by the Frisco Chamber of Commerce
- In 2010, Frisco Square was also the winner of the Community Catalyst Award from the Dallas Regional Chamber’s Momentum Awards
Recent charitable contributions
- Frisco Square charges non-profit organizations $1.00 for the use of its facilities and $25.00 for utilities.
- We donated $15,000 to support the Gary Burns Fun Run and $1,000 to Frisco Sunrise Rotary.
- Partnered with ProjectWarm.US and hosted coat & blanket drives for the Homeless
- Partnered with Flash Mob America and Next Step Dance and hosted a surprise Christmas in the Square Flash Mob
Frisco Square is a place to live, to work, to be entertained, to learn and to participate in Frisco. Recognizing that convenience, quality and “fun” all combine and do satisfy our residents and tenants, is evidence of the commitment of our Owners and the foresight of Frisco’s City leaders. Citizen and investor aspirations and expectations are based upon Frisco Square, with its life-style offerings (Live, Work, Play), being a successful realization of a true public/private partnership. Our mission is to fulfill those aspirations.